Thursday, December 31, 2020

Freedom to Obey

 READ : Genesis 1,2; Psalms 1; Matthew 1:1-17

SCRIPTURE: Genesis 2: 15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

OBSERVATION: Everything available in the Garden of Eden was "good for food" (v.9). The first man was "free to eat" anything, except from one particular tree i.e. tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It was not a freedom to sin to gratify his desires. Rather, it was the freedom to obey what God the creator asked of him. When the law of the LORD becomes my delight and meditation, instead of grumbling or murmuring, I can be happy all the times. For the LORD always intends the good, for God is Love.

APPLICATION:  Before me, God has placed a day or a month or a year . Further, God has given me a freewill to do things in my life. However, the purpose of this freewill is not to live an uncontrolled and unholy life. I will use this freewill to obey God in order to live a holy life in front of God and the people around me. As apostle Paul says, "“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial" (1 Cor.6:12; 10:23). Therefore,  I will not allow the lust of my eyes to prevail me, but will meditate the word of God. When I do this, as the Bible says, I will prosper in my life in every way. (Ps.1)

PRAYER: Father, thank you for all the provisions and blessings you have planted on this earth for me. Help me to use them appropriately as you desire. Holy Spirit! strengthen me to live a life committed for God. Amen.

Arputharaj Samuel

+91 9538328573
01/01/2021

No comments:

Post a Comment