Wednesday, December 30, 2020

A call to Obey

 Read : Haggai 1-2

Scripture : Haggai 1:5 ...Give careful thought to your ways...

                 Haggai 1:12 Then Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, Joshua son of Jozadak, the high priest,  and the whole remnant of the people obeyed the voice of the Lord their God and the message of the prophet Haggai, because the Lord their God had sent him. And the people feared the Lord.

Observation: The prophetical book of Haggai gives precise information about many things, although it is one of the shortest books of the Bible. This book calls the people of God to examine their ways and to keep the main thing, the main thing. Later we see how the immediate obedience yields  God's promises. Their fruitless and desperate days come to an end by simple obedience with an assurance from God.

Application: When I go through failures, delayed results, prolonged waiting for certain things, all I need to do is to have a self-examination.. It is good to have a periodical self-examination that whether I live a life worthy of my call, whether I live a God-pleasing life. Instead of fearing to my enemies, or fearing to opposing environments, I can fear God and obey him. When I obey God and keep him in the right place of my life, then I will see my life filled with God's promises and their fulfilments. 

Prayer : Father, thank you for the sign you have given through your servant. It is appropriate even today. Help me to obey you without any delay. Nothing satisfies me than obeying to your word. May your Holy Spirit help me to obey always. Amen.

- Arputharaj
30/12/2020
9538328573

No comments:

Post a Comment