Wednesday, January 6, 2021

A life built on God's word

  READ: Genesis 13, 14; Psalm 7; Matthew 4:1-11

SCRIPTURE: Genesis 13: 12 Abram lived in the land of Canaan, while Lot lived among the cities of the plain and pitched his tents near Sodom. 

OBSERVATION: In Genesis 13, we see Abram's noble character of giving up his rights to choose  to his relative Lot, instead of proving his superiority over things. He was a peace-loving person and gave priority to stay in the promised land, Canaan. It doesn't mean that he was weak. In Chapter 14, we read that he was able to win the four mighty kings and delivered (including Lot) those who were captured by the kings. Importantly, his eyes were on God and his promise, not on the things and wealth of this world. Instead of building an empire or a home for him, he built an altar and called the name of the LORD.  Abram's life led to peace and to receive God's promise, but Lot became a prisoner of his circumstances.

APPLICATION: Instead of proving myself and my worth, I need to give preference to God's plan and will. At the same time, I should not neglect or abandon somebody when s/he is in trouble, whoever s/he may be. I must do what I could do. Above all, living in God's promises and staying with God gives more joy than anything else. I will not allow any worldly temptations to prevail me. Like Jesus, I will appropriately use the word of God to defeat the enemy.

PRAYER: Father, thank you for the example you set before us. Help me to live in your words and walk with you today and always. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
7 January 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment