Thursday, January 7, 2021

The Living God who sees me

  READ: Genesis 15, 16; Psalm 8; Matthew 4:12-25

SCRIPTURE: Genesis 16: 6 Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her. 7 The angel of the Lord found Hagar near a spring in the desert...13 She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”

OBSERVATION: Lot chose to live in  a good and a watered place, when he moved away from Abram. Here, without knowing the destination, Hagar ran away from Sarai in order  to escape from Sarai's mistreatment. Instead of analyzing who would be held accountable for this misery in Hagar's life, observing what God did to her will be helpful for us. As the master of Hagar, Abram could have avoided this in Hagar's life. However, God who cares and sees the people who are in need, found her. The invisible God helped Hagar to see his kindness and gave his word about the unborn son and a guidance for Hagar. Without any doubt, we can say that Hagar was comforted and relieved from her sorrowful state since she saw the  loving kindness of the invisible God.

APPLICATION: I should avoid paying heed to my own inclinations or wrong suggestions. Rather, I need to wait on God for the fulfillment of his promises. Further, I have to remember that I cannot go away from the sight of God. Whoever I may be, God is able to find me and communicate with me. Like David, I may ask God, "what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?" (Ps.8:4).  But the living God whom I serve sees me with love. He is the one who cares for me, so I can cast all my worries upon him (1 Peter 5:7). Wherever I am, whatever state I may be in, they cannot hinder God  to see me and to give his word for my life.

PRAYER: Father, thank you for finding me when I thought that no one is for me and  when I felt loneliness. When you see and care for me, nothing else matters to me. Help me to obey you always. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
8 January 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment