Friday, January 1, 2021

A starting point...

  Read: Genesis 3,4; Psalms 2; Matthew 1:18-25

SCRIPTURE: Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

OBSERVATION: Here we see the most cunning question that caused a serious doubt about God's provision for mankind. We all know of Eve's response and its consequences that affected the whole of humanity. Satan starts his deceiving works by casting doubts in the minds of people who pay attention to his voice. When people started to speak with the devil, he manipulates them with his lies. Eventually they become victims to his evil schemes, like Eve did. On the other hand, we see that Mary and Joseph who just believed what was communicated to them, despite they have every reason to doubt the word of God spoken through an angel.

APPLICATION: When doubts arise in my mind, I should come and speak with the LORD God, instead of speaking with the devil. As long as I remain in my doubts, Satan tries his every trick to deceive me. Doubting is not a sin. However, my response  to those doubts are capable to separate me from God and to lead me to sin against God. I can confidently approach God who loves and cares for me. He patiently listens my doubts, and gives me clarity to come out of my confusions. If I choose to listen Satan, then doubts produce confusions, confusions produce frustrations, frustrations lead to a separation from God.  If I choose to go to God, then my relationship with him will be intact. In fact, it becomes more closer than before.  

PRAYER: Father, thank you for your every provision. Help me to believe your words without any doubt. When doubt comes, without hiding it, help me to stand against the evil and to come to you without any hesitation. Amen.

Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
2/1/2021

No comments:

Post a Comment