Sunday, January 3, 2021

Through it ALL

Read: Genesis 7,8; Psalm 4; Matthew 2:16-23

SCRIPTURE: Genesis 7: 5  And Noah did all that the Lord commanded him.

OBSERVATION: In Noah's time, building an ark and warning people about the destructive flood must had been something unusual for the people around him. Although "Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD", he was sincere in completing "ALL" the tasks that he was commanded. In the New Testament, Noah is called as "a preacher of righteousness."  While he did all these, people may have laughed at him,  and evidently none listened to him. But he was faithful in his obedience to the LORD. His obedience saved his whole family and all creatures that entered the ark.

APPLICATION: I want to obey God and his commandments. However, instead of obeying him in everything, I may obey him only in selected things, according to my convenience. Over a period of time, I may get discouraged to obey God, as people around me least bothered about it. A delay in fulfillment of promise or what I expected may push to frustration and stopping me to obey God as the waiting period becomes seemingly longer than I expected. I need to be patient in waiting for God and to see the fulfillment of his words. 

PRAYER: Father, thank you for your refreshing grace for this day. I want to honor you in my life and works, not just in words. I need your strength to do this. Thank you for your Holy Spirit who reminds and helps us to obey you always. Amen.

- Arputharaj Samuel
+91 9538328573
4 January 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment